15 Effective Ways to Lose Belly Fat
Losing belly fat is a very common problem and many grow insecure when it comes to flaunting their belly. If losing belly fat is what's playing on your mind, then consider you have landed on the right page. We have compiled some of the effective ways to lose belly fat that you have concealed for a very long time.
What are the best ways to lose belly fat?
- Eat soluble fiber: Soluble fiber absorbs food and makes food pass slowly through the digestive system. When you eat soluble fiber, you feel satiated and you end up eating less in the latter part of the day. It also helps your body to absorb fewer calories from food. Therefore take out time to eat foods that are excellent sources of fiber. Some of the foods include:
- Flax seeds
- Brussels sprouts
- Don’t consume too much alcohol: Alcohol has less or even nothing to contribute when it comes to weight-loss. According to studies, too much alcohol can make you gain belly fat and there’s an increased risk of obesity. Therefore, cutting back on alcohol saves you from gaining belly fat. If you can’t give up alcohol altogether, then reduce the amount you take.
- Eat a high-protein diet: Protein is extremely important when it comes to weight management. It increases the fullness and people are less likely to eat more after having protein-loaded food. Studies show that people who eat protein will have less abdominal fat. Therefore include protein in everything you eat. Some diet you could include are:
- Whey protein
A right diet and weight-loss go hand in hand! Check out ‘ Top 15 Weight-loss-friendly Foods on the Planet’ if you have embarked on a weight-loss journey.
- Avoid foods that contain trans fat: Trans fats are made by pumping hydrogen into unsaturated fats. These types of fats can cause insulin resistance, inflammation, abdominal fat gain. To avoid encountering all these problems, read the ingredient labels carefully. Restrain yourself from buying products that contain trans fat.
- Reduce your stress level: Stress can trigger your adrenal glands and produce ‘cortisol’ which is popularly known as the stress hormone. When there is an increase in cortisol level, your appetite spikes, and that way you eat more than you usually do. People who have a large waist generally produce more cortisol when they are stressed. To reduce gaining belly fat, engage in physical activities.
- Slimming machine: Slimming machine uses ultrasound waves that deflate fat cells. One can administer a slimming machine around the area such as thighs, belly, waist, hips where fat is more likely to store. Slimming machines offer a quick solution to belly fat loss.
- Don’t eat sugary foods: Sugar has been linked to obesity, diabetes, fatty liver disease, and other chronic diseases. High sugar intake also increases your abdominal fat. You need to be cautious even while using healthy sugar such as real honey. It should be used sparingly.
- Lift weights: Weight lifting is important if you want to gain muscle mass. People with chronic diseases reap a host of benefits from lifting weight.
- Avoid sugar-loaded beverages: Many sweetened beverages are heavily loaded with liquid fructose that make you gain belly fat. It leads to increased fat in the liver. Studies claim that sugary beverages are more likely to get you a belly than sugary foods. So it’s wise to avoid sweetened beverages such as soda, sweet tea, punch, alcohol, etc.
- Get restful sleep: Sleep plays a very important role in maintaining your overall well being. People who have trouble sleeping are more prone to weight gain. Conditions like ‘sleep apnea’ have been linked to visceral fat. Therefore, it’s important not only to sleep 7 hours a day but also it’s vital to get quality sleep.
- Track your food intake: If you want to maintain your weight, then you need to consume fewer calories than your body needs. To track your food intake, keep a food diary or use an app. Furthermore, the food monitoring app also shows your protein, carbs, fiber, and micronutrient intake.
- Eat fatty fish: Fatty fish are rich in protein and omega-3 fats that guard you against diseases and reduce visceral fat. Studies revealed that fish oil supplements can significantly reduce liver and abdominal fat. Get 2-3 servings of fatty acid every week. Some you could try are:
- Add apple cider vinegar to your diet: Apple cider vinegar comes with impressive health benefits. The acetic acid present in it helps greatly in reducing abdominal fat. Furthermore, it lowers your sugar level and keeps you healthy. Taking 15-30 ml of apple cider vinegar a day is sufficient for people looking to lose belly fat.
- Drink green tea: Green tea is an incredibly healthy beverage. Epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG) in green tea boosts metabolism and helps you lose fat. Combine it with the right exercise to reap its complete benefits.
- Change your lifestyle: Combining different methods would ultimately yield good results. For that you have to change your lifestyle that involves healthy eating, exercise, positive thinking, meditation and other healthy lifestyles. With changed habits, it doesn’t take long for one to see the results they were dreaming of.