Tricks And Tips To Deal With Mosquitoes | Get Rid of Mosquito
There is no better alarm in the morning than having a mosquito buzz into your ears, trying to wake you up by giving you a bite. These tiny blood suckers are very annoying not only because they sing in the ears, but also because of the itchy bites that they give and the diseases that they spread. If you do not wish to have these pests in your space, you need to understand why they come into your homes and also look for the best preventive measures to keep them out. This blog tells you everything about what attracts mosquitoes to your homes and gives you the best tips to get rid of mosquitoes.
What Attracts Mosquito To Your Home:
Mosquitoes just need open windows and doors to enter into your home. They only reside at your place and make it their breeding place when your home is very inviting and comfortable to them. Here are some of the most common reasons why the mosquitoes enter your home.
- Clutter - Mosquitoes live in places that are less spacious and have a lot of clutter. The clutter includes storage boxes, newspapers, too much furniture, clutter under the cot and more. All of these attract the mosquitoes and they come into your home.
- Stagnant Water - The stagnant water bodies in your garden and also in your kitchen and bathroom can be mosquito breeding places. The more still the water is, the more the mosquitoes can breed. Your swimming pool could be the breeding site for mosquitoes too.
- Plants - There are a lot of plants that have flower yielding fragrances that attract mosquitoes towards them. The other parts of the plants such as the decaying roots and leaves, ripened fruits and more are also some of the attractors of mosquitoes.
- Sleeping Babies - Any human who does not move too much and the sleeping babies attract mosquitoes the most. It makes them easily sit on your body and suck your blood without much difficulty when you do not move.
- Yellow Lights - Mosquitoes are attracted to the yellow lights that are a little dim than the white ones. You can see mosquitoes swarming like bees and flies in the places of such lights.
Some of your houses may be crowded with summer pests. Learn about how you can keep the summer pests out of home easily! Read the blog here! https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WzdVAuZdeU2ngS78YLxtv_wCtcdEqCP5QryU-50SgNs/edit#
Tips To Deal With Mosquito Bites:
Mosquito bites are very annoying when it comes to children. You can also feel itchy most of the time and can scratch and even bruise yourself when you get a mosquito bite. The best thing you can do to reduce the itching and inflammation is to quickly try these tricks.
- Ice Pack - An ice pack brings down the swelling or the inflammation that you get by a big mosquito. This remedy is to ease out the pain in children.
- Soap And Water - This tip is for both kids and adults. If you have been bitten by a mosquito, wash the area with a good anti-germ hand wash and water. Preferably wash off the area thoroughly with cold water.
- Baking Soda And Paste - If you have itchy skin and redness in the area the mosquito has given you a bite, make sure you wash the area with soap and water first. Mix baking soda with little water until it becomes a thick paste and use it on the wounded area. This will reduce the redness and pain too.
Tips To Keep Mosquitoes Away:
The first idea that pops into your mind when you think of eradicating a mosquito is to use a good synthetic liquid mosquito vapour plug-in repellent. However, using such chemical repellents can be dangerous to your children, pets and even you. Here are some simple hacks and remedies that will help you get rid of all mosquitoes easily and effectively.
- Declutter - Begin with decluttering. Make sure that there are no storage bags and boxes under your bed. Keep all the places inside and outside your home spacious and clean.
- Get Rid Of Water Areas - You need to make sure that there are no water bodies. Avoid watering the plants too much.
- Use Mosquito Repellent Stickers - If your kids love playing outside, you can use mosquito repellent stickers on your little one’s dress to keep the mosquitoes away
- Coconut oil - Mix coconut oil with a few drops of peppermint oil and apply it on the hads and legs so that mosquitoes do not come and give you a bite. Coconut oil makes it slippery for the mosquitoes while peppermint oil fragrance keeps them away.
- Get A Natural Pest Spray - Always make sure that you use a good pest repellent spray in your home. Get a natural pest repellent spray that leaves behind no stains and keeps your space all neat and clean. With this, all the pests will go away and you will have a home free of mosquitoes.