How To Give Your Body a Boost? | Healthy Tips for Body
Does your low energy level drag you down every day? Aren’t the usual candy bar, coffee, and energy drink helping you enough? The caffeine may lift your energy quite immediately, but after its effect wears off, you feel more drained again.
If you want to keep your sluggishness at bay, then here are 7 fatigue-fighting tips that help in boosting your energy.
- Eat your breakfast: Skipping breakfast in the morning is the main reason for sluggishness. According to studies, people who eat their breakfast in the morning report experience less fatigue and stress. For breakfast, you can stick to high-fiber foods like oatmeal rather than items like sweet rolls or pastry. When you are full, your energy is less likely to wear away because hunger can lead to fatigue.
- Get enough sleep: Sleep is something that puts anyone in a restful state. But many people cut back on sleep hours due to their sleep schedule. And also it is estimated that 20-30% of the population experience poor sleep and miss out on important rest time.
Lack of sleep can make you lethargic, grumpy, and tired. If you feel this quite often, then you should try getting enough sleep at night. It is recommended to sleep for 7 hours at night. However, some people need more than 7 hours of sleep to get charged.
If you are struggling to sleep at night then you can try some relaxing behaviors before bed. You can either take a shower in a shower bomb or read a book that lulls into uninterrupted sleep. Avoid texting or watching screens as it results in poor sleep quality. If stress and worries are keeping you awake at night, then try meditation or practice mindfulness.
- Reduce stress: Most people live with stress, anxiousness, and sometimes depression. These psychological conditions have become part and parcel of life. We know that stress could hamper concentration. It takes a toll on your physical and mental health. But finding the right way to deal with them can improve your overall well-being.
It’s possible to eliminate the sources of stress from your life. When there is a stress reduction, you automatically see the changes in your body and energy level.
Some stress coping mechanisms involve going for a walk, listening to soothing music, or reading books. You can try yoga or meditation to relax your mind. If stress and anxiety are severe, then you can seek medical and psychological help.
- Take a shower in shower steamers: Shower bombs made of essential oil come with many healing properties. Its therapeutic scent can heal both your mind and mind. They can energize you without being over stimulating. Try lavender, eucalyptus and peppermint for quick energy boost.
- Keep yourself active: Regular exercises reduce the chances of developing chronic diseases like heart diseases, diabetes, and obesity. If you have a sedentary lifestyle, then you are more likely to develop some unexplained fatigue. To overcome this, all you need is a little push to your body.
You can start your day with low-intensity workouts. You can take short breaks even while you are working in the office/home. Taking a walk for 10 minutes is more effective than sitting in the same place, gorging on snacks.
- Avoid smoking: Smoking is detrimental to your health. It could increase the risk of numerous health conditions such as lung cancer, heart disease, and stroke. The toxins and tar in the cigarettes bring down your lung’s efficiency and also there is a reduced supply of oxygen to your body. When there is no sufficient supply of oxygen to the body, there will automatically be a sudden drop of energy.
Undoubtedly, quitting smoking will save a lot of your energy. If you are struggling to switch, then switch to things like e-cigarette and gum.
- Limit alcohol: Besides smoking, alcohol consumption is another habit that can leave you all tired and drowsy. Drinking more alcohol can hamper the quality of your sleep. If you are planning to drink alcohol, then set yourself a limit and do not drink close to your bedtime. Remember, you will always be beneficial if you limit your alcohol consumption.
- Eat a nutritious diet: Your eating habits could be one of the reasons for low energy. Good dietary habits could affect your energy level and how you feel. If you are eating a lot of highly processed food and sweets, then it’s time for your die system. Make sure you don’t incorporate an erratic food pattern and miss out on necessary nutrients. Eat foods that are rich in calories and essential nutrients.
Want quick relief from stress and anxiety. Explore a set of shower bombs here